With an established management team in place, Nizari is seeking a highly motivated and experienced, preferably, Business Loan Underwriter for a full-time position at its Sugar Land Branch.
The Business Loan Underwriter plays an integral role by efficiently underwriting and structuring financing facilities that meet their needs and mitigate risk to the Company. The underwriter must underwrite per the NCUA regulations and the board approved business loan policy.
- Conducts credit analysis using financial information provided by borrowers and third party data sources.
- Analyzes financial statements and supplementary information to assess the financial condition of the borrower and guarantors.
- Determine debt service capacity of the borrower by completing a cash flow analysis.
- Assesses the quality of business assets pledged as collateral, by using public records, Appraisal and Environmental reports.
- Formulates questions and conducts borrower interviews to ensure proper financing according to the borrower need.
- Submit SBA package for approval.
- Advise SBA of any changes to Approval via a Modification memorandum, responsible for receiving approval of all changes
- Assesses fraud risk throughout the credit analysis process.
- Conducts industry research as necessary to properly understand industry risk.
- Completes annual reviews/renewals.
- Performs annual site visits.
- Identifies credit strengths, weaknesses, industry risks, and anomalies that lead to further investigation.
- Prepares comprehensive Credit presentations for credit committee with recommendations based on the facts.
- Respond to potential loan request questions, identifying/resolving potential problem loans.
- Interview applicants, respond to queries and provide support to the loan officers for any questions related to commercial lending.
A qualified candidate:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- The ideal candidate needs 2-3 years of experience in commercial credit analysis with a solid understanding of SBA
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles, financial statements, and income tax returns.
- Must be confident analyzing EBITDA on historical financials and formulating an underwriting case for rapidly growing small businesses that don’t exhibit historical coverage to service debt.
- Must be confident in common financial analysis concepts and quickly be able to identify how trends, ratios, and margins impact the creditworthiness of each borrower.
- Solid technology skills and the ability learn new technology systems quickly.
- Experience with loan documentation and compliance is a plus.
- Credit Union experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nizari is committed to investing in the training, development and well being of all its employees. Nizari will offer competitive salary plus benefits.
Nizari Progressive Federal Credit Union (‘Nizari’) is a member-owned financial institution with over $150 million in assets. We serve over 11,000 members.
Have a question?
Please contact us or call our Sugar Land branch at (281) 921-8500 to learn more.