With an established management team in place, Nizari is seeking a highly motivated and experienced, Compliance Admin, for a full-time position at its Corporate Office.
Assists in monitoring accounts to manage risk and ensure compliance. Review and monitor all physical and remotely deposited checks and research account activity. Promptly refer suspicious or non-compliant activity to management to ensure reduced risk, Assist in preparing and reviewing BSA reports, identifying and monitoring high-risk accounts, and fulfilling all BSA/AML responsibilities including filing of CTRs & SARs. This role is critical to ensure efficient and timely handling of physical and remotely deposited checks as well as the monitoring of compliance to internal policies and procedures
- Review and monitor all incoming members’ checks and research all account activity to identify anomalies.
- Assist in performing Branch audits involving teller balancing, balancing Branch cash, and reviewing cash controls and security reviews as necessary.
- Periodically and randomly verify consumer and business accounts to determine compliance with established procedures.
- Assists in performing various audit functions including balancing, reconciling, verifying, sampling, confirming, evaluating, and reviewing of such Credit Union products and services Reviews Branch documentation.
- Assists in functions such as reviewing Branch policies and procedures to ensure effective and appropriate implementation.
- Provide support during annual NCUA examinations, external BSA audits and other verifications conducted by external parties.
- Understands audit results and explains suggested recommendations.
- Assists and supports branch personnel as required in matters of compliance using industry standard and regulatory guidance.
- Keeps management informed of all activities and of any significant problems or concerns.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Completes reports, records, and documents accurately and promptly.
- Assists with or performs special investigations or audits as assigned.
- Stays informed of trends and developments in the compliance field.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Related computer course work preferred
- Strong knowledge of computer applications
- A basic understanding of data processing
- At least one year of Teller experience preferred
- Financial institution experience helpful
- Secretarial experience preferred
- Ability to operate related computer applications
- Proficient typing ability
- Solid analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Tough minded, persistent, and tactful
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to work well independently
- Able to operate calculator, PC, typewriter, telephone, and basic business machines
- Hindi/Urdu speaking preferred
Nizari is committed to investing in the training, development and well being of all its employees. Nizari will offer a competitive salary plus benefits.
Nizari Progressive Federal Credit Union (‘Nizari’) is a member-owned financial institution with over $150 million in assets. We serve over 11,000 members.
Have a question?
Please contact us or call our Sugar Land branch at (281) 921–8500 to learn more.