Responsible for overseeing the administration and development of the Branch. Implements appropriate policies, procedures, and training to ensure efficient and effective Branch operations. Supervises Branch budgets and business performance and promotes optimal and cost-effective operations. Ensures that members are promptly and professionally served. Assists with the development and implementation of Branch marketing programs. Oversees provision of a full range of services to members and prospective members. Directs and appraises assigned staff of Sugar Land Branch. Keep abreast of changes in the industry and changing trends to maintain competitiveness.
Ensures that such credit operations are in accordance with established policies, procedures, and legal requirements, and result in maximum volume, appropriate profit, and minimum delinquency ratios. Ensures that all subordinate areas of responsibility support Credit Union objectives and goals. Ensures that services are delivered professionally and efficiently and that members’ problems are resolved promptly.
Reporting to the CEO, the Branch Manager will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
Assumes responsibility for the development and implementation of effective Branch planning.
- Assists management with long and short-term Branch planning.
- Ensures that Credit Union goals are implemented and supported across all branches that includes loan origination, deposits, consumer and business accounts
- Helps develop and implement operational plans, policies, procedures, and goals that further strategic objectives.
- Meets with Branch Managers to evaluate and redefine goals for effective Branch operations.
- Ensures development and monitoring of performance standards.
Ensures the effective performance of the Branch.
- Ensures that Branch auditing procedures are conducted effectively and that deficiency if any are corrected in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that Branch operations are run in accordance with established Credit Union procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
- Monitors Branch budgets and business performance. Manages and oversees expenses. Pursues cost-saving measures.
- Ensures that services are sold and delivered in accordance with established standards and procedures and the integrity and quality of all Credit Union programs are maintained.
- Ensures the safety and security of all branches.
- Conducts periodic reviews of existing systems and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency and legal compliance. Initiates improvements in lending and promotion practices that will further the objectives of the Credit Union.
- Ensures that promotional activities are effective in acquainting members with credit alternatives.
- Ensures that loan origination functions are complete in accordance with established policies and procedures and related legal requirements.
Effectively oversees assigned Branch personnel, ensuring optimal performance.
- Provides leadership to branch personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Conducts staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Ensures that Branch personnel are well trained, effective, motivated and optimally used. Communicates with personnel regarding policy, procedure, and program changes.
- Assist in conducting performance appraisals as required. Suggests and implements corrective actions as needed. Undertakes periodic coaching of the personnel.
- Ensures that staffing levels are appropriate and that human resources are effectively utilized.
- Plan and implement a business development program for the branch.
- Review fee structure and monitor industry trends to stay competitive.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination with area personnel and with management.
- Assists and advises Branch Managers on problems that are more complex.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems or concerns.
- Ensures that Branch activities are well coordinated with total Credit Union operations.
- Completes required reports and related documents promptly and accurately.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
Assumes responsibility for ensuring that professional business relations are established and maintained with customers, the community, and professional contacts.
- Ensures that the Credit Union’s quality reputation is maintained and projected.
- Ensures that requests and questions are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Ensures that members are informed of Credit Union services and policies.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Stays informed of developments and trends in Credit Union policies and related laws and regulations.
- Ensures that safety standards are followed.
- Ensures that equipment and supplies are maintained at appropriate levels.
- Branch services are efficiently and effectively delivered in accordance with established Credit Union policies, procedures, applicable laws, and regulations. Adequate internal controls are in place.
- Appropriate Branch policies, procedures, and training are developed and updated as needed.
- Branch transactions and loan volumes, expenses, and profitability are in line with Credit Union standards.
- Good business relations exist with customers and their needs are properly anticipated and satisfied.
- Branch personnel are well trained and effective, and their activities are well coordinated. Assistance and support are provided as needed.
- Required reports and records are accurate and timely.
- Senior Management is appropriately informed of Branch activities and of any significant problems. Suggestions for improved efficiency or effectiveness are provided and integrated into planning processes.
- Lending services are efficiently and effectively provided in accordance with established Credit Union policies and standards, applicable laws, and regulations.
- Loan problems are closely tracked and effectively resolved.
- Ensure safe loan origination while meeting the assigned target.
- Good business relationships exist with members and their lending needs are properly assessed and met. Effective financial counseling is provided as needed.
- Loan Department personnel are effective, optimally utilized, and well supervised. Assistance is provided as needed.
- Professional business relations exist with external trade contacts. Questions and problems are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Participate in the trade shows (TAs, AICC, Town Hall meetings, etc.) with lending and member services to promote Nizari products and services.
- College degree in business administration or related field.
- Thorough knowledge of Credit Union services and products.
- Understanding of all Branch operations and functions.
- Thorough understanding of BSA, AML and MSB compliance requirements.
- At least five years of related experience in a financial institution, with a minimum of one year of supervisory experience.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Solid analytical abilities.
- Good organizational and problems solving abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Nizari is committed to investing in the training, development and well being of all its employees. Nizari will offer a competitive salary plus benefits
Nizari Progressive Federal Credit Union (‘Nizari’) is a member-owned financial institution with over $150 million in assets. We serve over 12,000 members. With an established management team in place, Nizari is seeking a highly motivated, and experienced, Branch Manager for a full-time position at its Sugar Land Branch.
Have a question?
Please contact us or call our Sugar Land branch at (281) 921–8500 to learn more.