With an established management team in place, Nizari is seeking a highly motivated and experienced, preferably, Teller for a full-time position at its Sugar Land Branch.
Responsible for handling a variety of member service calls in a prompt and courteous manner. Resolves member questions and problems regarding account statements, loans, payments, automatic transfers, interest rates, and investment certificates. Completes and maintains related reports, records, and files. Cross sells Credit Union services and supports all functions within the Call Center.
- Accountable to maintain knowledge of and comply with all applicable rules and regulations required within the scope of duties, including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Required to attend annual training sessions as instructed or scheduled.
- Answer and greet all incoming credit union calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Provide information/assistance on our products and services we offer.
- Directs members to appropriate department(s) or individual for specific information and/or service.
- Determine best method to resolve problems to ensure member satisfaction and adherence to company policies.
- Communicate and coordinate problem resolution with appropriate department(s).
- Refer more complex member issues to team leads.
- Collect loan application information by phone for members.
- Cross-Service credit union products and services.
- Must be able to work Saturday rotation schedule as needed for the Credit Union.
- Must be flexible with the ability to work Saturdays and on call as needed to meet staffing needs.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must have the ability to communicate effective.
- Must be able to work well in a high call volume, high stress work environment.
- Work involves extensive telephone contact with members.
- Process non-cash financial transactions such as over the phone transfers from savings/checking to loan.
- Process member requests for services and account maintenance, including but not limited to address changes, ATM/debit cards, share and loan transfers, overdraft protection, stop payments, check ordering, statement and check copies, and deposit verifications.
- Must follow up with all member/ nonmember requests promptly either verbally or in writing to ensure member satisfaction.
- Assists other departments as necessary.
- Performs related clerical duties as needed.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of federal regulations B, D, E, and Z
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- General knowledge of Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Basic understanding of loans, payment processes, and interest rates
- At least 1 year of experience in member service at a full service financial institution
Nizari is committed to investing in the training, development and well being of all its employees. Nizari will offer a competitive salary plus benefits.
Nizari Progressive Federal Credit Union (‘Nizari’) is a member-owned financial institution with over $160 million in assets. We serve over 12,000 members.
Have a question?
Please contact us or call our Sugar Land branch at (281) 921–8500 to learn more.