With an established management team in place, Nizari is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Member Service Representative for a full-time position at its Sugarland Branch.
Represent the mission of the Nizari Progressive Federal Credit Union to members, staff, volunteers, and vendors. Greet and welcome all constituents of the Nizari Progressive Federal Credit Union and develop relationships that ensure member retention and satisfaction. Provide interviews and tours to potential members and establish the benefits of the Nizari Credit Union that meet their individual needs. Assist them in registering for products and services by performing a variety of transactions to maintain member records, product registration, cash receipting, credits, and financial assistance. Provide accurate information regarding products, membership options. Ensure a positive member experience.
- Adhere to the Credit Union’s core values in serving with truth, trust, mentoring, openness, risk-taking, integrity, caring and respect in carrying out Nizari’s mission and vision.
- The Member Services Representative will be is responsible for assisting members with all their financial services needs and providing efficient services and products accordingly.
- Demonstrate a positive member service focus at all times: make eye contact, use member’s name or acknowledge their presence, smile and thank them for their business
- Demonstrate teamwork in interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrate effective skills to interview prospective members sell a membership and enroll the constituent using established procedures
- Demonstrate competence in completing product registration using established procedures with accuracy and timeliness
- Demonstrate competency in selling and managing more complex transactions including but not limited to business products and IRA products
- Assist tellers by using full product knowledge of products and services to resolve complex transactions and issues
- Work closely with the Member Services Director to continually improve Nizari Progressive Federal Credit Union’s performance, drive overall operational excellence (including compliance requirements)
- Assist in Monthly reconciliation of all New and Closed Accounts
- Assist Branch Manager or Teller Manager in performing Monthly Surprise Audits
- Cross-sell credit union products and services to new and existing members by being proactive in communication – in person, or by emails, outbound sales phone calls, letters or other sources. Be able to identify a need and present information as suited to those needs. Maintain a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of each product or service
- Adhere to and ensure credit union compliance with regulations including but not limited to Anti-Money Laundering, USA PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, Fraud Protection, Security Procedures, and Privacy and Confidentiality requirements. Associates are the first line of defense for Nizari Progressive Federal Credit Union against money laundering and financing terrorism
- Provide supervisor approval up to Freedom to Act Limitations
- Ensure confidentiality of member records. Request identification whenever necessary and provide account information to only those members listed as primary or joint owners
- Open/Close branch according to established procedures, as required Alert supervisor of needed equipment and supplies before there are none Respond to member questions, concerns and conflicts in an accurate, timely and appropriate manner
- Communicate to supervisor any areas that raise concern from members or constituents
- Provide detailed, accurate and timely information on schedules, costs, waiting lists, products and facility information
- Take responsibility at the beginning of the shift to check all communication & memos for daily updates, verify cash, check that member communication materials are stocked and work area is neat
- Work Nizari sponsored and other events on or off premises, as scheduled. Play a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or Nizari sponsored events, on an annual basis
- Provide guidance and leadership to assist with training less experienced staff
- Maintain branch cleanliness, appearance and safety through periodic rounds using established procedures
- Participate in professional enrichment opportunities and training
- Take initiative to complete clerical duties, follow up items or any other necessary tasks to keep the Nizari running efficiently
- Ensure that members know that we care about their having a quality experience at the Nizari PFCU
- Administrative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend to phone calls in the teller area and answer basic membership calls
- Perform clerical work such as filing
- Maintain professional correspondence with members
- Maintain and update member information on the computer system, such as address, phone number and employment information
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Interpersonal skills to represent the CU in a positive way during member contact
- Prefer High School graduate with two years of experience
- Accuracy in the handling of cash and recording daily transactions
- Professional written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently to provide excellent members services within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several requests
- Able to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
- Able to think creatively
- Must have a proven history of handling cash and knowledge
This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties, which may be inherent to the position. Nizari may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual employees.
Nizari is committed to investing in the training, development and well-being of all its employees. Nizari will offer a competitive salary plus benefits.
Nizari Progressive Federal Credit Union (‘Nizari’) is a member-owned financial institution with over $200 million in assets. We serve over 13,000 members. With an established management team in place, Nizari is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Member Service Representative for a full time position at its Sugarland Branch.
Have a question?
Please contact us or call our Sugar Land branch at (281) 921–8500 to learn more.