With an established management team in place, Nizari is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Mortgage Loan Officer for a full-time position at its Sugar Land Branch Location.
Responsible for origination of long-term mortgage loans. Conducts initial pre-qualification interviews and prepares complete loan application packages and necessary documentation. Conveys policies for extension of credit in accordance with Credit Union and secondary investor guidelines. Meets Mortgage Loan scheduling and documentation requirements, and production expectations as determined by the Mortgage Operations Manager. Serves members, prospective members, builders, developers, and Realtors promptly and professionally. Provides general Credit Union information and cross-sells services. Assists Mortgage Loan personnel as necessary.
- Assumes responsibility for the effective and professional completion of assigned loan origination functions.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective and professional business relations with members, Realtors and building professionals.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with Credit Union personnel and with management.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Lending functions are effectively performed in accordance with established Credit Union policies and with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Good business relations exist with members and business professionals. Programs and services are properly and thoroughly explained and questions courteously answered or appropriately referred.
- Loan documentation, files, and related reports are complete, accurate, and timely. Monthly reports are submitted as scheduled.
- Loan applications and related financial data are closely and effectively analyzed and evaluated.
- Good working relations exist with Credit Union personnel and with management. Assistance is provided as needed. Management is appropriately informed.
- Established production expectations are met or exceeded.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Additional coursework in business or related field preferred.
Understanding the foundation of determining creditworthiness.
Knowledge of Credit Union loan policies, products, procedures, processing, and underwriting guidelines.
Familiarity with title reports, insurance, and appraisals.
One to two years of related loan processing experience.
Real Estate background helpful.
Strong interviewing skills.
Excellent communication and public relations abilities.
Good analytical and financial skills.
Able to operate related computer applications, calculator, and other basic business equipment.
Nizari is committed to investing in the training, development and well being of all its employees. Nizari will offer a competitive salary plus benefits.
Nizari Progressive Federal Credit Union (‘Nizari’) is a member-owned financial institution with over $150 million in assets. We serve over 12,000 members.
Have a question?
Please contact us or call our Sugar Land branch at (281) 921–8500 to learn more.