With an established management team in place, Nizari is seeking a highly motivated and experienced, preferably, RDC Specialist for a full-time position at its Sugar Land Branch.
Primary responsibilities will include review of all checks submitted for deposit through Remote Deposit Capture and Mobile Deposit Capture. Review all checks with “Banking Z Method” (Current date, Proper Endorsement from payee and payable etc.) Including review checks payable on business entity closely with proper endorsement. Review exception items to determine acceptability for those check deposits, fix exception errors if necessary, process returned items and perform G/L account reconciliations and process manual member account adjustments.
The employee must be detail-oriented, possess strong analytical skills, be able to make sound decisions based on policy, work independently with minimal supervision and work in a team environment.
1. Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective, and accurate performance of RDC & MRDC functions.
- Effectively complete manual review each checks and processing of check deposits through Remote Deposit Capture & Mobile Deposit Capture channel.
- Provide quality service to members to facilitate resolution of research and questions or concerns.
- Responsible for completing tasks within service level standards including responding to incoming calls and email correspondence related to RDC & MRDC.
- Responsible for timely evaluation of deposited items in accordance with established Nizari policies, procedures and service level expectations.
- Complete account adjustments including debiting of funds, general ledger adjustment, and creation of member notification with a high level of accuracy if necessary.
- Mitigate risk by reporting suspicious activity and patterns to management for loss prevention.
- Act as primary contact for Remote Deposit & Mobile Deposit processing, research, and adjustment inquiries from members and internal team members.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Analyze exception items to determine acceptability; verify member account to ensure compliance with check negotiation standards and check hold policies.
- Comply with federal regulations including Regulation CC, Regulation E, and Check21 Act.
2. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective, professional business relations with members.
- Must greet and welcome all members to the credit union in a courteous, professional and timely manner, providing prompt, accurate and efficient services.
- To attend phone calls and provide requested information and address members’ questions and concerns pertaining to the teller work & RDC/MRDC.
- Receive cash for deposits and make cash payments to the members after proper verification and Positing to the members account and ensure that all reporting is done as required by the law.
- To balance cash drawer at the end of the shift and at the end of the day and compare balance of the teller drawer amounts with system generated sheet and GL balance.
- To resolve discrepancies for any cash over/short and report it to the supervisor immediately.
- To receive checks for deposits and payments to accounts after proper verification, endorsement, Placing of holds for uncollected funds and posting to member’s account with accuracy.
- To check night depository drop mail and post checks receipts into the members account with proper verification according to the policy and procedures.
- Promote and cross-sell our credit union’s product and services to the members regularly.
- Ensure that all the policies, procedures, rules and regulations are followed from time to time.
3. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and working relationships with area personnel and with management.
- Assists area personnel as required.
- Keeps supervisor informed of area activities and of any significant problems or concerns.
- Completes required reports and records accurately and promptly.
- Attends meetings and staff trainings as required.
- Education/Certification: High school graduate or equivalent.
- One year of teller experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of Credit Union operations.
- Require to work on Saturday.
- Good communication skills.
- Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
- Good math skills. Good typing & Communication skills.
- Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment including adding machine, typewriter, copy machine, coin and money counting machines, and telephones.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required to be an effective subject matter expert in the position. In-depth dialogues, conversations and explanations with members, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature is a normal part of the day-to-day experience. Communications can involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance.
Nizari is committed to investing in the training, development and well being of all its employees. Nizari will offer competitive salary plus benefits.
Nizari Progressive Federal Credit Union (‘Nizari’) is a member-owned financial institution with over $150 million in assets. We serve over 11,000 members.
Have a question?
Please contact us or call our Sugar Land branch at (281) 921-8500 to learn more.