With an established management team in place, Nizari is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Associate Business Loan Officer for its Sugar Land Branch.
The Associate Business Loan Officer plays an integral role by providing support to the Commercial loan team in processing and originating loans that meet members’ needs. Work closely with Commercial Loan Officer and Supervisor to ensure timely and quality credit administration and risk management. Responsible for completing day to day activities including: meeting assigned new business goals, follow-up with clients, structuring credit terms, drafting loan proposals and commitments, coordinating with Appraisal, Environmental, Title companies and attorneys on loan documentation and closings, supporting the Credit department on renewals or modifications and annual reviews, and tracking all covenants and financial requirements set within the loan documents.
- Interview potential borrowers and recommend the right products and services based on their needs
- Interview potential borrowers and recommend the right products and services based on their needs.
- Communicate verbally and in writing all the loan requirements, including rates and fees.
- Collect all SBA / Conventional Loan Application documentation from borrower/guarantor. Work closely with Borrower to complete application forms and collect all supporting documentation from borrower/guarantor.
- Meet with customers, draft customer correspondence including proposal/commitment letters, requests for information, covenant, renewal/extension notifications, etc.
- Assist Commercial Loan team as needed: Provide support for booking loans after closing, assist with customer service issues.
- Order Appraisals, Environmental, Credit reports and coordinate with third parties to ensure timely closings.
- Ensure completion of files before closing.
- Performs annual site visits.
- Assist in completing annual reviews/renewals.
- Respond to potential loan request questions, identifying/resolving potential problem loans.
- Provides direct and indirect customer service by giving responding to a variety of questions to clients and to colleagues. Maintains the Credit Union’s quality and professional reputation.
- Provides excellent personal customer service to all internal and external clients; keeping commitments; inspiring the trust of others; working ethically with integrity; upholding organizational values; and, accepting responsibility for own actions.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field is preferred.
- Understanding of accounting principles, financial statements, and income tax returns. Knowledge of Credit Union products and services. Solid technology skills and the ability to learn new technology systems quickly. Experience with loan documentation and compliance is a plus. Credit Union experience is preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in lending with a good understanding of Commercial loans.
- Excellent customer service experience and people skills. Good analytical skills with the ability to work with numbers, statistics, and other technical data. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Hindi/Urdu speaking preferred
This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties, which may be inherent to the position. Nizari may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual employees.
Nizari is committed to investing in the training, development, and well-being of all its employees. Nizari will offer a competitive salary plus benefits.
Nizari PFCU is a member-owned financial institution founded in 1989 with over $270 million in assets today. We have locations in Sugar Land, Dallas, and Austin, and we serve members throughout the United States of America through more than 5,000 Shared Branches as well as online services.
Have a question?
Please contact us or call our Sugar Land branch at (281) 921–8500 to learn more.