With an established management team in place, Nizari is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Chief Financial Officer for its Accounting Department.
Responsible for directing, coordinating, maintaining, and controlling an accounting system that properly reflects the financial position of the Credit Union. Responsible for safeguarding Credit Union assets. Administers the Credit Union’s fiscal record keeping. Ensures accurate internal and external recording and reporting of financial transactions. Prepares reports for Senior Management, the board of directors, external users, and government agencies. Oversees budgeting, cost accounting, general ledger, accounts payable, fixed asset, accounts receivable, branch statistical reporting, ATM balancing, accounting information systems, and payroll functions. Monitors department policies and procedures and recommends improvements. Serves as a resource in all aspects of accounting. Ensures that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal, regulatory, and Credit Union procedures. Assigns, directs, and appraises accounting staff. Ensures that the Accounting Department supports the overall goals of the Credit Union and that Accounting services are delivered professionally and efficiently.
Responsible for managing the ALM program including investment functions. Reviews the investment portfolio to ensure that quality investments are maintained in accordance with established standards. Assists with financial research and monitoring of internal and external financial conditions. Manages and coordinates Investment reporting and data collection activities and related software systems. Assists with the development of financial strategies, policies, and controls and provides recommendations to protect and increase Credit Union assets. Handles assigned ALM activities and financial analyses. Assists in the development and pricing of savings and deposit products. Manages daily cash investments and liquidity. Supervises assigned personnel and coordinates their activities.
- Develops short and long-run goals and objectives for the Accounting Department.
- Develops and implements operational plans, policies, and procedures for the Accounting Department which further Credit Union objectives.
- Continually evaluates established policies and procedures and updates or modifies them as necessary. Ensures that policies are in accordance with evolving regulations, legal requirements, accounting principles, and industry trends.
- Supervises the development and implementation of financial information and control systems, including general ledger, budgeting, cost accounting, mortgage accounting, and other subsystems.
- Periodically reviews management’s information needs and modifies the reporting systems as needed.
- Oversees development and preparation of daily, monthly, annual, and other periodic financial statements and reports. Ensures that accounts and reports provide responsibility centers with adequate operating and financial data.
- Ensures that records and reports are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and government regulations.
- Ensures that external statutory reporting including CALL REPORTS submissions are accurate and timely.
- Coordinates audits of financial records and statements.
- Oversees / prepares budgets. Assists in establishing operation budgets for each responsibility center.
- Performs and oversees special studies for management, such as cost analyses, ratio and trend analyses, and other comparative examinations. Detects and analyzes trends in financial data.
- Prepares reports and analyses of departmental and branch operations and performance.
- Aids and advises branch and department managers in handling accounting entries and reports and various comparative analyses.
- Coordinates functions with other departments. Interfaces with Information Systems personnel in the development and implementation of efficient accounting procedures consistent with new applications.
- Provides leadership to Department personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Conducts regular staff meetings.
- Selects and trains personnel. Analyzes training needs and develops programs to meet them.
- Conducts performance appraisals as required. Formulates and implements corrective actions as needed.
- Directs, schedules, and coordinates Department functions. Provides support and assistance to Department personnel as needed.
- Ensures that the quality and integrity of accounting services are maintained.
- Ensures that Asset Liability Management policies are followed and kept current at all times.
- Manages investment program in line with the ALM Policies approved by the Board of Directors.
- Ensures that a business continuity plan for the department is in place and tested periodically.
- Serves as liaison between the Credit Union and external auditors and regulatory authorities as applicable
- Represents the Credit Union with various trade professionals and groups.
- Ensures that the Credit Union’s professional reputation is maintained.
- Ensures that appropriate levels of confidentiality are maintained.
- Stays informed of trends and changes in the accounting and tax fields.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Graduate degree and CPA or CMA license strongly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Thorough knowledge of Credit Union and industry accounting practices and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of governmental regulations and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of related auditing functions.
- Technical understanding of automated accounting and other industry information systems.
- Understanding of Credit Union operations and information needs
- Seven to ten years of related progressive experience, preferably in a financial environment.
- Significant supervisory experience required.
- 2 years of Treasury Front & Back-office experience required.
- 1 year of Budgeting experience is required.
- 2 years of call reporting experience required.
- 1 year of Loan Participation Accounting experience is required.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical abilities.
- Proficiency in using Macro for financial modeling
- Ability to apply logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Able to deal with very difficult concepts and complex variables.
- Ability to use advanced algebra, exponents, logarithms, linear equations, quadratic equations, mathematical induction and binomial theorem, permutations, calculus, and/or analytic geometry.
- Able to perform basic statistical calculations including frequency distributions, reliability and validity of tests, normal curve, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, chi-square application and sampling theory and factor analysis.
- Ability to read scientific and technical journals, abstracts, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to prepare articles, abstracts, editorials, journals, manuals, and critiques. Ability to prepare and make comprehensive presentations, participate in formal debate, communicate extemporaneously, and professionally communicate before an audience.
This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties, which may be inherent to the position. Nizari may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual employees.
Nizari is committed to investing in the training, development and well-being of all its employees. Nizari will offer a competitive salary plus benefits
Nizari PFCU is a member-owned financial institution founded in 1989 with over $$260 million in assets today. We have locations in Sugar Land, Dallas, and Austin, and we serve members throughout the United States of America through more than 5,000 Shared Branches as well as online services.
Have a question?
Please contact us or call our Sugar Land branch at (281) 921–8500 to learn more.