With an established management team in place, Nizari is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Compliance Associate for its Corporate Office.
Assists in developing, implementing, and administering all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Program. Assists in preparing and reviewing BSA reports, identifying and monitoring high-risk accounts, and fulfilling all BSA/AML responsibilities including the filing of CTRs & SARs. Assists in reviewing policies and processes, and designing procedures to assure compliance with all regulations and laws.
- Assist in performing Branch audits involving teller balancing, balancing Branch cash, and reviewing cash controls and security reviews as necessary.
- Periodically and randomly verify consumer and business accounts to determine compliance with established procedures.
- Assists in performing various audit functions including balancing, reconciling, verifying, sampling, confirming, evaluating, and reviewing of such Credit Union products and services as traveler’s checks, money orders, bonds, loan accounts and collateral, CDs, member accounts, dormant accounts, fees charged, overdrafts, safe deposit boxes, etc. Reviews Branch documentation.
- Assists in functions such as reviewing Branch policies and procedures to ensure effective and appropriate implementation.
- Reviews Branch security procedures for appropriate implementation including oversight of opening and closing procedures, ATM and night depository procedures, night balancing, and cash protection
- Provide support during annual NCUA examinations, external BSA audits, and other verifications conducted by external parties.
- Understands audit results and explains suggested recommendations.
- Assists and supports branch personnel as required in matters of compliance using industry standard and regulatory guidance.
- Keeps management informed of all activities and of any significant problems or concerns.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Completes reports, records, and documents accurately and promptly.
- Assists with or performs special investigations or audits as assigned.
- Stays informed of trends and developments in the compliance field.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- College degree in accounting or related business field.
- Industry certification is helpful.
- Thorough knowledge of Branch operations, procedures, and functions.
- Understanding of Credit Union products and services.
- Knowledge of compliance procedures.
- One to three years of compliance experience preferred.
This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties, which may be inherent to the position. Nizari may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual employees.
Nizari is committed to investing in the training, development, and well-being of all its employees. Nizari will offer a competitive salary plus benefits.
Nizari Progressive Federal Credit Union (‘Nizari’) is a member-owned financial institution with over $210 million in assets. We serve over 13,000 members. With an established management team in place, Nizari is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Member Service Representative for a full-time position at its Sugarland Branch.
Have a question?
Please contact us or call our Sugar Land branch at (281) 921–8500 to learn more.