Responsible for administering all aspects of Credit Union human resource policies and functions. Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of various human resource functions, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, compensation, benefits, employee relations, training, payroll, and for ensuring compliance with EEO, ADA, and other governmental regulations pertaining to human resources. Provides recommendations to Senior Management in establishing overall human resource objectives, policies, and plans. Ensures human resource activities are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union policies and procedures. Providing assistance with performance appraisals and corrective actions, and ensuring that Credit Union personnel are well informed of human resource policies and programs. Manages the human resource information system, maintains and updates employee records, and benefits reporting requirements. Updates Credit Union job descriptions and salary administration processes in conjunction with Senior Management. Prepare periodic reports for Accounting and other departments as required. Ensures business continuity plan is in place and tested periodically.
Reporting to the CEO, the HR Manager will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
Assumes responsibility for the planning, development, and implementation of effective human resource strategies and policies.
- Assists Senior Management in developing short and long-term objectives, goals, and strategies.
- Ensures human resource strategies and policies are consistent with established Credit Union goals.
- Administers operational plans, policies, and goals which further strategic objectives.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation, and updates policies to ensure compliance.
- Recruiting, interviewing, and hiring Credit Union personnel. Ensures that all hiring processes are effective and legally compliant.
- Advises managers on supervisory concerns including corrective actions and performance appraisals.
- Conducts new employee orientations and ensures that personnel is well informed of human resource policies and programs.
- Coordinates the updating of job descriptions. Receives and reviews job descriptions from department managers. Ensures that information is complete and current.
- Maintains a salary scale by participating in periodic salary surveys. Preparing pay budgets; recommending, planning and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Develops and implements human resource operations plans, policies, procedures, and goals.
- Monitors the performance appraisal program and makes adjustments as necessary.
Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of human resource functions.
- Ensures effective administration of the Credit Union’s compensation, benefits, and incentive programs.
- Oversees job classification and the updating of job descriptions.
- Works to resolve employee relations issues according to Credit Union policies and applicable legal requirements.
- Ensures all human resource functions, including recordkeeping, interviewing, hiring, promotions, and terminations, are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union policies and applicable legal requirements. Oversees compliance with related federal and state legislation.
- Ensures training programs are consistently implemented.
- Ensures human resource policies are updated and communicated to management and staff. Provides advice and interpretation regarding human resource policies as they relate to individuals and to Credit Union objectives.
Assumes responsibility for the accurate, complete, and timely preparation of records, reports, and other documents.
- Maintains and updates employee files. Ensures that files are complete and in compliance with Credit Union policies and legal regulations.
- Ensures that all payroll records including time cards, sick leave, annual leave, overtime, insurance deductions, and tax forms are properly maintained and preserved. Submits payroll.
- Ensures that employment and enrollment forms including W-2s, insurance, retirement, and benefits documents are current and complete.
- Develops and administers an effective recruitment program.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with Credit Union employees, area personnel, and management.
- Ensures that employee personnel needs are satisfied and that they are informed of programs and policies.
- Resolves employee requests, complaints, and problems courteously and promptly. Counsels employees and managers concerning job-related matters.
- Ensures staffing levels are appropriate.
- Assists Department personnel. Provides support on training and benefits programs.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant concerns. Completes required reports accurately and promptly. Attends meetings as required.
Assumes responsibility for maintaining professional business relations with trade professionals, government contacts, vendors, and suppliers.
- Represents the Credit Union at trade meetings and seminars as assigned.
- Ensures that the Credit Union’s professional reputation is maintained.
- Ensures that questions and concerns are promptly and courteously resolved.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Stays abreast of developments in personnel management and related legal requirements.
- Stays informed of trends and changes in the human resource field. Attends seminars, workshops and participates in professional societies.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Organize periodic events for staff and assist with organizing other events as required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, preferably in social science or related field.
- Strong Knowledge of human resource laws and regulations as applicable.
- Understanding of compensation and benefits policies and programs, employee relations practices, and recruitment techniques.
- Knowledge of Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Three to five years of experience in human resources positions in a comparable environment.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and ability to all levels in the organization; and supervisory abilities.
- Effective project management abilities.
Nizari is committed to investing in the training, development and well being of all its employees. Nizari will offer a competitive salary plus benefits
Nizari Progressive Federal Credit Union (‘Nizari’) is a member-owned financial institution with over $150 million in assets. We serve over 12,000 members. With an established management team in place, Nizari is seeking a highly motivated and experienced, Human Resources Manager for a full-time position at its Corporate Office.
Have a question?
Please contact us or call our Sugar Land branch at (281) 921–8500 to learn more.