With an established management team in place, Nizari is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Mortgage Loan Officer for a full-time position at its Sugar Land Branch Location.
The Mortgage Loan Officer is responsible for origination of long-term mortgage loans. Conducts initial pre-qualification interviews and prepares complete loan application packages and necessary documentation. Conveys policies for extension of credit in accordance with Credit Union and secondary investor guidelines. Meets Mortgage Loan scheduling and documentation requirements, and production expectations as determined by the Mortgage Loan Manager. Serves members, prospective members, builders, developers, and Realtors promptly and professionally.
- Interviews, takes applications, and processes preliminary documentation on loan requests. Discusses loan alternatives, credit criteria, interest rates, and loan documentation in such a manner as to elicit positive responses from members.
- Performs follow-up work as necessary to achieve conditional approval within established time frames
- Notifies member if loan is referred back to Officer because of problem ratios or credit ratings.
- Advises members of loan approval or denial. Explains loan denials precisely and clearly to members.
- Completes lending operations in accordance with established Credit Union policies and legal requirements.
- Informs members of Credit Union loan policies and services.
- Counsels members whose loan requests were denied, explaining reasons and alternatives.
- Assists Mortgage Loan personnel and serves as a backup in the lending department as needed.
- Professionally cross-sells Credit Union services.
- Loan documentation, files, and related reports are complete, accurate, and timely. Monthly reports are submitted as scheduled.
- Loan applications and related financial data are closely and effectively analyzed and evaluated.
- Undergraduate in Accounting or equivalent. Additional coursework in business or related field preferred.
- The ideal candidate needs One to two years of related loan origination experience. Real Estate background helpful.
- Understanding of the foundation of determining credit worthiness. Knowledge of Credit Union loan policies, products, procedures, processing, and underwriting guidelines. Familiarity with title reports, insurance, and appraisals.
- Strong interviewing skills. Excellent communication and public relations abilities. Good analytical and financial skills. Able to operate related computer applications, calculator, and other basic business equipment.
- Credit Union experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nizari is committed to investing in the training, development and well being of all its employees. Nizari will offer competitive salary plus benefits.
Nizari Progressive Federal Credit Union (‘Nizari’) is a member-owned financial institution with about $170 million in assets. We serve over 12,000 members. With an established management team in place, Nizari is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Mortgage Loan Officer for its Sugar Land Branch.
Have a question?
If you meet the requirements and are up for the challenge, email your resume to email@example.com.