With an established management team in place, Nizari is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Staff Accountant for its Corporate Office.
Review all checks with “Banking Z Method” (Current date, Proper Endorsement from the payee and payable, etc.) Including review checks payable on business entity closely with proper endorsement. Review exception items to determine acceptability for those check deposits, fix exception errors, if necessary, process returned items and perform GIL account reconciliations, and process manual member account adjustments. The employee must be detail-oriented, possess strong analytical skills, be able to make sound decisions based on policy, work independently with minimal supervision and work in a team environment.
Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective, and accurate performance of accounting functions.
- Prepares and post entries such as expense allocation, Credit Card expenses, A/P Accruals, Prepaid amortizations, payments, Property Tax, Fixed Asset entries.
- Perform Balance sheet accounts reconciliations on a monthly basis (i.e. Intangibles, Bank Accounts, Prepayments, Fixed Assets, Accruals, Accrued Liabilities, WIP, and payables.
- Vendor’s invoices payment on weekly bases and updating their record in the monthly excel file.
- Prepare 1099-MISC for vendors, and submit the forms to IRS.
- Organized the data summarized the report and prepared 1099-MIS for eligible vendors/suppliers.
- Assist in filing yearly rendition to State County office.
- Handling NSF Checks, and Shared Branching deposit returns.
- Inform members and email/update relevant department on NSF check returns and post the entry with applicable fees and charges. Maintaining the NSF Check return images in accounting records.
- Reverse the returned ACHs & post the entries into member accounts with applicable fees and charges.
- Email to Member and Compliance team regarding any fraud check and the Treasury Check reclamation.
- Daily reconciliation of all Suspense and Bank Accounts, reconciles general ledger accounts as assigned by Supervisor.
- Reconcile and prepare VOID checks report on a monthly basis.
- Daily reconciliation of all the suspense accounts and FIS credit card transaction accounts.
- Daily reconciliation of Member account Cashier’s check fees.
- Initiating the daily members’ wires in the absence of the Accountant.
- Other daily reconciliation in the absence of an Accountant.
- Update daily Management Report in the absence of Accountant.
- Monthly updating the Credit Card portfolio position all the Management and Staff.
- Monthly loan reconciliation from GL to the Purpose Code report.
- Monthly uploading loan data into VE.
- Monthly maintain the Mortgage Loan escrow account reconciliation.
- Monthly recording Loan participation purchase entry.
- Prepare and reconcile monthly investment accrued income from subsidiary GL to control GL.
- Monthly follow-up on the 30 days overdue checks with the vendors.
- Prepare monthly Financial along with the notes to the accounts.
- Assist in the research for a major variance on the monthly P&L.
- Assisting the Controller by providing Quarterly Call Report information.
- Quarterly Non-Interest Fee analysis from Bank and CU.
- Maintain and follow up of all QwickRate and National CD rate line Safe Keeping receipts.
- Maintain all investments record made through STIFEL including monthly market value.
- Recording the investment coupon entries into CU*Gold.
- Maintain new CD maturity calendar reminder at the time of investment.
- Email CD Interest shortfall /follow-up of interest to FIs.
- Assist the accounting team and be involved in the month-end, and year-end closing.
- Work on any special projects which may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure that all accounting records are maintained as required under US GAAP.
- Protect the organization’s value by maintaining confidentiality as per HR Policy.
- Assists in performing operational tasks as needed and required.
- Updates job knowledge by continuous education.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required to be an effective subject matter expert in the position. In-depth dialogues, conversations, and explanations with members, direct and indirect reports, and outside vendors of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature are a normal part of the day-to-day experience. Communications can involve motivating, influencing, educating, and/or advising others on matters of significance.
- Understanding of Credit Union operations and information needs. Require to work on Saturday
- One year of teller experience is preferred.
- Understanding of Accounting rules and procedures including GAAP.
- Advance knowledge and Experience in a spreadsheet.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
- Good math skills. Good typing & Communication skills.
- Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment including adding machine, typewriter, copy machine, coin and money counting machines, and telephones.
This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties, which may be inherent to the position. Nizari may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual employees.
Nizari is committed to investing in the training, development, and well-being of all its employees. Nizari will offer a competitive salary plus benefits.
Nizari PFCU is a member-owned financial institution founded in 1989 with over $300 million in assets today. We have locations in Sugar Land, Dallas, and Austin, and we serve members throughout the United States of America through more than 5,000 Shared Branches as well as online services.
Have a question?
Please contact us or call our Sugar Land branch at (281) 921–8500 to learn more.