With an established management team in place, Nizari is seeking a highly motivated and experienced, preferably, Teller for a full-time position at its Austin Branch.
Represent the mission of Nizari Progressive Federal Credit Union to members, staff, volunteers, and vendors. Greet and welcome all constituents of the Nizari Progressive Federal Credit Union and develop relationships that ensure member retention and satisfaction. Accurately and efficiently process and record routine transactions for members including cashing checks, accepting deposits and withdrawals, processing loan payments and funds transfers. Responsible for promoting and advising on the credit union’s products and services, in a friendly and efficient manner. Assist them in registering for products and services by performing a variety of transactions. Respond to basic questions related to the requirements of applying for all types of loans. Understand the needs of members, offer viable solutions, and make quality referrals.
- Adhere to the Credit Union’s core values in serving with truth, trust, mentoring, openness, integrity, caring and respect in carrying out Nizari’s mission and vision
- Demonstrate a positive member service focus at all times: make eye contact, use member’s name or acknowledge their presence, smile and thank them for their business
- Demonstrate teamwork in interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities
- Perform member transactions including deposits, loan payments, withdrawals, transfers, check cashing, credit card payments, disbursement of official checks, and sale of cashier’s and teller’s checks
- Ensure confidentiality of member records. Request identification whenever necessary and provide account information to only those members listed as primary or joint owners
- Balance currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers at ends of shifts, and calculate daily transactions.
- Cross-sell credit union products and services to new and existing members by being proactive in communication – in person, or by emails, outbound sales phone calls, letters or other sources. Be able to identify a need and present information as suited to those needs. Maintain a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of each product or service
- Accept and examine checks for endorsement and negotiability. Determine availability of funds based on regulations and policy. Place holds on accounts for uncollected funds when necessary, provide members with the proper documentation
- Operate drive-up equipment such as tubes, drawers, and microphone
- Daily processing of mail and night deposit transactions
- Accurately and neatly complete all forms including negotiable instrument logs, vault buy/sell tickets and SARs
- Participate in day-end closing procedures. Refer to branch closing checklist for a complete listing of duties
- Sort and file membership transaction forms, teller receipts and check stubs accordingly.
- Answer inquiries regarding checking and savings accounts and other bank related products
- Work on Nizari sponsored and other events on or off premises, as scheduled. Play a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or Nizari sponsored events, on an annual basis
- Participate in professional enrichment opportunities and training
- Administrative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend to phone calls in the teller area and answer basic membership calls
- Perform clerical work such as filing
- Maintain professional correspondence with members
- Maintain and update member information on the computer system, such as address, phone number, and employment information
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Interpersonal skills to represent the CU in a positive way during member contact
- High energy with the ability to approach individuals and engage in a conversation to successfully win business and open new accounts
- Accuracy in the handling of cash and recording daily transactions
- Good oral communication skills and the ability to produce written communication
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Good telephone manners and techniques
- Ability to use related computer applications, understand written material, perform basic math calculations
- Member account problem -solving skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers
- Available to work on weekends
- Prefer High School graduate with one to two years of experience.
- Able to work independently to provide excellent members services within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several requests.
- Able to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Must have a proven history of handling cash and knowledge of banking
- Hindi/Urdu speaking preferred
- Must have Basic Computer knowledge Such as (Excel, Word, and Powerpoint)
Nizari is committed to investing in the training, development and well being of all its employees. Nizari will offer a competitive salary plus benefits.
Nizari Progressive Federal Credit Union (‘Nizari’) is a member-owned financial institution with over $160 million in assets. We serve over 12,000 members.
Have a question?
Please contact us or call our Sugar Land branch at (281) 921–8500 to learn more.