With an established management team in place, Nizari is seeking a highly motivated and experienced, Financial Services Representative for a full-time position at its Dallas Branch Location.
Responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the Branch. Assists with loan processing, servicing, and new accounts as assigned. Interviews and takes applications for loans. Prepares loan applications for credit approval and disburses approved loans. Professionally assists and serves members. Maintains files and answers and directs telephone calls. Ensures that members and prospective members are promptly and professionally served. Performs specific assigned side-jobs and assists other Tellers with a variety of duties as required. Ensures that members are promptly and professionally served. Performs most complex Teller functions as needed. Opens, services new and existing accounts, cross sells products and assists in overall achievement of branch and institution goals. Provides general Credit Union information and cross-sells services. Participates in marketing events organized by Credit Union to expand its business activities. This may include travel to local and or non-local venues.
- Interviews and assists members with applications for loans and Credit Union services.
- Calculates terms, finance charges, insurance rates, etc. on loans for proper disclosure on promissory notes.
- Receives, reviews, and processes related paperwork and refers all loan applications to Loan Officers. Follows up on paperwork to ensure its completeness and accuracy.
- Disburses loans promptly and accurately.
- Closes loan applications in accordance with Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Quotes payoff balances and provides credit ratings. Completes verification of deposits. Quotes NADA vehicle values.
- Ensures that services are provided in accordance with established Credit Union policies and are legally compliant. Ensures that interviews and service requests are properly documented.
- Prepares paperwork for loan applications. Runs reports, retrieves credit ratings, reviews files, figures point scores, and works up applications.
- Receives and screens telephone calls. Answers routine questions or directs them to appropriate personnel. Records and relays messages.
- Completes loan processing duties in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Analyze all available information; review documents for accuracy and authenticity, when complete prepare recommendation for loan decision. Submit the file to Loan Officer.
- Ensures that lending operations are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union policies and are legally compliant. Ensures that loan requests are properly documented. Prepares miscellaneous documents and reports and maintains related records.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet members’ needs.
- Process share deposits, withdrawals, transfers and loan payments in person or by mail. Scan files into AMS
- Verifies transactions, monitors deposit amounts, and examines documents for endorsement and negotiability.
- Opening, servicing and maintenance of membership accounts, and provides support to branch operations.
- Any other task and duties as assigned to ensure smooth branch operations.
Bachelors degree in Finance/Accounting with required loan training and certification.
Knowledge of Credit Union loan services, policies, and procedures. Understanding of related legal and regulatory standards, and required loan documentation. Knowledge of consumer and commercial lending practices. Previous lending experience or experience with full-service financial institution helpful. Minimum one year related experience.
Excellent interviewing, communication, and public relations skills. Professional appearance and attitude. Strong analytical and financial skills. Ability to operate related computer applications, and other business equipment including calculators, typewriter, printer, telephone, and notary stamp. Good typing skills.
Nizari Progressive Federal Credit Union (‘Nizari’) is a member-owned financial institution with over $170 million in assets. We serve over 13,000 members. With an established management team in place, Nizari is seeking a highly motivated and experienced FSR at its Sugar Land Branch.
Have a question?
Please contact us or call our Sugar Land branch at (281) 921–8500 to learn more.